Looking back, what a great year 2014 was! It was challenging as I was chucked into the deep end picking up major mess at work and I felt a little depress early on the year. Saying all that, I have to be very grateful for all the blessings that I received throughout the year. So, it's the time of the year again that one starts to be reminiscence and to count one's blessings.
1) Spent time with K(wifey) seven other couples in a mini retreat to enhance our marriage experience. It was fun taking time out from work and daily mundane routine and to spend some quality time with K.
2) Sat on sandy Moroccan Saharan dessert looking into the starry nights with K. A magical moment that reminded me of what God said to Abraham in Genesis 22:17 " ... I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore....".
3) Getting sprayed by the all mighty Niagara Falls in May.
4) Shared many beautifully home cooked breakfast with K. (And also many failed attempts in making them pretty)
5) Witnessed weddings after weddings in the summer. What joyful seasons.
6) Had a mini getaway to celebrate our 2nd anniversary. No big meals or big parties, but it was quality time spent.
7) Jumped into Mediterranean Sea off the shore of Capri and witnessing a very nice sunset.
8) Walked through the ruins of Pompeii. Got gobsmacked at the size of the city swallowed by the ashes of Vesuvius.
9) Finally able to relax and chill out at work from October after a long and gruelling year. Work nearly killed me physically and mentally. I survived!
10) Spent quality time with family in Malacca, Singapore and Hong Kong in November. Just did not feel like coming to London. The urge of returning to Asia for good had increased another notch.
11) December, I was part of a massive wedding as one of the many groomsmen. First time for me, a first in Hong Kong too.
12) To have K beside me through the highs and lows of the year. It just made the year so much more interesting and fulfilling.
That's my 2014. A very blessed one. Thank God for all these.
2015, here I come.